Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Randy is offline

Default ABEC 7 bearings in skateboards?

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:15:06 -0600, "John L. Weatherly"
wrote:

Ignoramus2057 wrote:
Are those skateboard bearings really made to ABEC 7? Or is that some
clever marketing ploy?

100% marketing. So silly, there is a wheel mfg. called ABEC 11.

I use this guys bearings:
http://www.skatetechnology.com/rocknronsbearings.htm

Ceramics are the way to go. A buddy of mine gets them direct, so I pay $45
for the ceramics. They are 608's. I tried the Enco steel equivalent, but
they pack them with grease instead of light oil. Drags something fierce in
the bowl.

When my wheels are still spinning after popping out of the pool 3 minutes
later, groms always come up and ask the ABEC rating of my bearings. Silly
kids.

Check me out:
http://phocksden.net/forum/images/av...2d160ef469.giF

how about a link we don't need to log into.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.