Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Clothes dryer: Where do you prefer the lint filter?

Our Whirlpool gas dryer has a top lint filter. We bought the dryer in 1974,
raised three kids, and it is still working fine. Replaced the belt twice
and the igniter once. Nice when stuff lasts longer than expected.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 29 Oct, 18:24, wrote:
Had a friend tell me that clothes dryer's with the lint
filter built into the top pf the unit rather than down
by the door are much more problematic.

Any truth to that?

I've always had dryers with the lint trap on top. The only problem
that I know of is that when the clothes get piled up on the top, the
kids (and sometimes the wife) don't bother moving them to clean the
trap.

If it was in the door, I'm sure it would be cleaned every time.