Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default Charging li-ion batteries

I have a battery pack scrounged from a Dell computer. It is their pn
66WHR rated 14.8V 4460MAH. It is comprised of 8 cells, that is four
sets of two in parallel. Each set measures 3.9V, so therefore each
cell seems to be 3.9V. The cells are Sony Fukushima STG, bearing the
following numbers: US18650GR and STG 6KEO7R. They are all also marked
G5.There were multiple terminals on the connnector on this pack and
also a small circuit board with many smd circuits on it. Perhaps the
charger or regulator? These would make a really nice standby battery
pack for a project, but how would I charge them? I understand that
there is a specific charging protocol for these type of batteries. Is
there a generic charger available to address this? Or can anyone
suggest an alternate method? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.