Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default Frameless cabinets vs. face frames -- Is one truly better than the other?

wrote in message
oups.com...
snip

I wonder: Is there a way to marry the two styles so that is would look
good? Can one build a carcass like a frameless cabinet but put a
frame on the front? Seems to me that would work but maybe I am all
wet.

Opinions?

Dowels are not a strong connection. I would use pocket screws in deference
to dowels.

You have no idea how difficult it is to adjust the doors in a frameless
cabinet and make them look good.

Actually, face frames are attached to boxes to make the framed cabinet. I
would definitely use pocket screws for the face frames.