Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca clare at snyder.on.ca is offline

Default Pulley for treadmill motor question

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:13:22 -0800, "Artemus"
wrote:

I already googled and came up empty.
I have a 2.5HP DC motor and controller that I want to put on
my drill press but I can't find a pulley to fit it. The shaft is 17MM
(0.669") by 1" length with an additional section 1/2-13 LHT on
the end. The original treadmill pulley/flywheel takes a flat ribbed belt
which I can't adapt to the DP.

So what to do? Does anyone know of a source for a V-belt(4L)
pulley with a 17MM bore? Alternatively would turning the shaft down
to 5/8 be feasible? Or maybe boring out a 5/8 pulley?
Any suggestions or ideas on how to solve this are welcome.

Art

Bore or ream pully to fit shaft.