Sparks

Default Playing with meter tails

On the question of generators being used when mains failures occur,
these obviously aren't used indoors. No problem in a rural area, but
isn't noise a possible problem in built-up areas?

I'm assuming the genny would be running during evening/night time
hours.

I have put my generator in a box, with air forced through the box for
cooling (Large fan unit mounted on the side of the box) - This has reduced
the noise considerably.

Also, where I have located the generator, it is shielded from almost all
sides, so the noise mainly goes upwards

If I run the generator at night, then walk across the road to my neighbours
house, you can only just hear it running.

If I go next door, then you cant hear it at all.

So it doesn't **** the neighbours off!
(Plus, if there is a power cut, they know they can watch TV at my house!)

Sparks...