Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Can A Do-It_Yourselfer Install a Mini-Split?

To me it is what will the cost of the tools be -vs- paying someone to do it.

If I am only doing something once and it is less to pay someone to do it,
then I will go that route. If I do something frequently, then it would pay
to buy the tools and learn how to do it.

Anyway here is a bit about what this entails...
http://www.firstfives.org/faq/AC/ac_charge.html

"frank1492" wrote in message
I consider myself to be at least an 8/10 stars do-it-yourselfer
and I perfrom a very wide variety of jobs in my two houses. Other
than painters can't remember the last time I had a service
professional over there.
Is there anything that would prevent me from being able
to install a mini-split without professional help?
(I have been looking at Samsungs.)
Thanks for your help!
Frank