Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Any Enco 8x36 mill owners?

On Oct 28, 10:04 pm, Bill Schwab wrote:
Gang,

Another suggestion lead me to take a quick look at Grizzly as a price
check, and the machine below jumped out as unique. I think I know much
of what you will say, but please have a look at:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G9959

and rip it to shreds (or not) as you deem appropriate. The price and
weight are pretty attractive. ...

I used the Enco 100-5100 equivalent for a while. Its work envelope is
about the same as my Clausing and the R8 spindle is more useful. The
main parts were reasonably well made although the little fittings were
junk, and it needed some tweaking. But overall it was acceptable for
non-critical prototype work (deliverables and flight hardware always
went to the main machine shop anyway).