Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] marc.britten@gmail.com is offline

Default Union Millwrights

On Oct 26, 6:31 pm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Oct 23, 9:08 am, "*" wrote:
The last time ol' "Millwright Wrong" brought the subject up, someone
pointed out that that union shops - in general - were much more angry
places to work than non-union shops.

My experience would be the same.

That was me, and since the last time I've had the displeasure of
watching a fairly large factory go union.

It's a slow process once the contract is signed but it's showing,
people who seemed perfectly happy before are now starting to see
"management screwing me" in places that don't make sense.

I always ask my union employees "what would that get me" when they
claim I'm doing some nonsense to screw them. If it doesn't actually
get me anything then why would I take the time to do it?

The very fact that these morons feel a need for a union is a strong enough
message that they "don't get it". My experience with union supporters
lends credence to the idea that they feel they are owed a living simply

In most peoples defense. Many people do not have a lot of experience
with Unions, and boy are they slick when selling themselves.

because they exist, and are due their share of any and all profits that
might come from their contribution, in spite of the fact that they agreed to
sell their time to their employer for a given fee, their wages. Almost to
the man, none of them appear to make a connection between in earning their
pay, or in receiving pay in keeping with its value.

I agree with you entirely with the end outcome. In all honesty a
revamp of the laws reguarding the pro/anti union communications
leading up to a vote would probably help fix a lot of things.

By law the company cannot lie to you about things during the run up,
where as the Union can (like in politics) promise anything, lie about
everything, and not follow through.

Unions are just another business, as long as they get their dues
they're happy.