Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any Enco 8x36 mill owners?

Bill Schwab fired this volley in
:
Other folks report everything from "no problem" to
"don't try it". Looking at the various reports, something happens
between 1500 and 2500 lb.

My Cincinatti #2 with the table and head on tips around 3-grand.

I had a truck wrecker strongarm my Cincy #2 off the flatbed, and put it
just inside the door threshold of my building. Then I finished the wall,
and put in a door G.

With a fair collection of stout, long pry bars, fulcrum blocks, and 4'
long x 1.5" steel rollers, I was able to move it single-handed to the
final position.

It wasn't so much hard, as it was a "thinking job". THINK what'll happen
if it slips off the rollers. THINK where your hands and toes are at all
times. Think, think, think -- and when you thunk it all, think some
more.

I'm not a big guy -- 'bout 180 wet, and a year away from 60; but it never
taxed my strength, just my fear-factor.

LLoyd