Posted to rec.woodworking
pooteo pooteo is offline

Default Firewood ?

On Oct 29, 5:58 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

If a tree was cut down inMarch and I just cut the logs into firewood
length pieces, would it be easier to split the wood now, or when it
has seasoned a few months? It is pine, I know I wont use it this
season.

Best time is after a long freeze. Pine is easy enough to split most any
time though.

i cut a tree down in june, Split it right away and now it is great
burning wood, Yes, i have used it already.It is cold here in the
east coast.There is a trick to splitting wood right away, it is just
as easy as splitting seasoned wood..
Joe