Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Default Where and how do you find or get schematics?

"Ohmster"

How and where do you guys find schematics that you need to get a job done?

** You often have to use persistence and ingenuity to get them out of the
makers.

Looks like Carver / Sunfire are keeping theirs secret.

I am afraid to try to fire this thing up when fixed because of that Carver
"magnetic field core" power supply, I cannot variac it up slow and watch
the current nor can I use a 100 watt light bulb in place of the main fuse.

** Sure you can.

Just bridge out the T1 and T2 terminals on that triac in the AC supply.

The PSU then reverts to entirely conventional - but will produce full DC
rails with only 65% of nominal AC volts going in. Go any higher and the
tranny's magnetic core will saturate and blow the AC fuse.

Use a small fuse ( ie 1 or 2 amps) when playing about.

It seems to be a matter of replace the for sure bad ****, check all
around,
pray, keep fingers crossed, plug it in and watch for smoke.

** Recipe for disaster.

....... Phil