Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default Brought the wrong stone

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:51:53 -0500, wrote:

how much $ are we talking about?

The amount of money is about $140.

Yes, I plan to do something more premanent with that hill, but being
on a fixed income makes that tough.

I agree about the personal visit, and plan to do so. Of course since
I ordered by phone, they can easily deny that I ordered the 3". I
guess from now on when I do domething like this, I will have to
require something in writing mailed or hand delivered to me before
they deliver. Seems we live in a world these days when EVERYTHING has
to be in writing. I still can not understand how anyone can be so
stupid to mis-read a simple order for THREE INCH. I know the person I
spoke to when I placed the order got it right, because I strictly said
I DO NOT want the small gravel, and she read the order back to me, and
it was correct.

Don't act like a wounded prick! Believe it or not, you weren't their only customer
on that day. They made a simple mistake and you accepted that mistake as OK.

The construction trade runs on verbal orders. Mistakes are made. When the wrong
materials are delivered to a job, the foreman/superintendent/whomever is doing
receiving simply sends the materials back and re-orders. They'd be laughed out of
the trade if they said "just unload it anyway and don't expect to be paid because you
made a mistake". What a joke.

If you wanted to be able to act like a dumb "consumer" then you should have hired a
professional to interpose himself between you and the trade. IOW, a road contractor.
Since you chose to be your own contractor, try to act like one and pay for the
materials that you accepted.

John
--
John De Armond