Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default Brought the wrong stone

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:30:17 -0500, wrote:

I am just wondering how others would deal with this matter. I am sure
that if I refuse to pay, this will end up in court and I really do not
need that hassle. Of course they are a large company and these
companies always win in court anyhow. Plus there is no way I can prove
that I left phone messages for them to call me.

You "signed" for the load by letting him dump it so pay the bill and learn the
lesson. When you let the guy unload you revised your spec to accept what they
delivered.

The proper way to have handled that would have been to a) if the guy seemed friendly
enough, let him dump just enough to get backed out and back onto the road and on his
way back to the quarry or b) if he was a prick, let him call a wrecker, then let the
company pay for repairing the damage the recovery caused.

If you're polite to the company rep when you call then maybe you can get them to
discount the proper material. If you're rude then they'll tell you to pound sand and
sue for collections. This isn't a consumer affair - when you buy construction
materials you're assumed to know what you're buying - and so they'll easily collect.

John
--
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com