Posted to az.politics,az.general,alt.california,alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default McCain Alert

In article , HeyBub wrote in part:
wrote

Bush is off the dial when it comes to worst disappointment in U.S.
Presidential history.

Hmmm.

Job creation continues, with 110,000 last month, which is the longest
continuous record of job expansion in our nation's history.

What about that recession we had after Bush took office? Back then,
rightwingers liked to talk about Reagan setting a record for length of an
economic expansion, though that record was broken by one that Clinton
presided over.

Inflation is below 2%

I am hearing mostly mid-upper 2's for the past year. A bit better than
before, but more than offset by slowdown in growth in median income.

Productivity is at an average of 2.5%, which is more than the '70s, '80s, or
'90s.

You could not even say that this is an annual growth rate, right? Now,
what was it in the 1990's again?

1993-1994, 2.3%,
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/news.release/H...d2.030895.news

1995-1996, 1.0%,
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/news.release/H...d2.031197.news

1997-1998, 2.4%,
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/news.release/H...d2.030999.news

1999-2000, 4.2%,
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/news.release/H....03062001.news

Average of these 8 Clinton years: 2.475%

Note things got better with gridlocked rather than unified government!

Now, same figures for Bush years:

2001-2002: 4.8%,
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/news.release/H....03062003.news

(During a recession the rightwingers liked to blame on Clinton!)

2003-2004: 4.0%,
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/news.release/H....03032005.news

2005-2006, 1.7%,
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/news.release/H....03062007.news

2007, 2.6% in first quarter, 3.5% second quarter,
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/news.release/H....08072007.news

Although Bush II has 3.46% average so far, I see when this figure made
its big gain.

Wages have grown an average of 12% since Bush took office.

12% in 6.5 years? 1.12 to the 1/6.5 power is a 1.76% average annual
raise, less than inflation.

Tax revenues are up 37% since the Bush tax cuts took effect.

And how did tax revenues go during the Clinton administration?

The current deficit is about 1.5% of the budget. That's lower than the '70s,
'80s, and most of the '90s.

The fiscal years in Clinton's second term had surpluses, at least 3 of
them. You were hoping we forgot that? One even had a surplus when
excluding the Social Security surplus.

Not that Clinton gets all the credit - much should go to nonunified
government (gridlock against spending and against tax cuts).

49 straight months of job growth and six years of uninterrupted GDP growth.

Who presided over most of a goodly 8 year stretch of GDP growth?

But most importantly, Bush has lead the killing of as much as a hundred
thousand goblins. He's single-handedly turned both Louisiana and Iraq into
Republican strongholds.

Good job, I'd say.

Louisiana statewide was Republican at least since and including the 1980
elections. I don't think Iraquis like us much better now than before
2002, and they don't vote in US elections anyway.

- Don Klipstein )