Posted to misc.consumers.house
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Septic tank -- how often to pump?

28 Oct 2007 20:23:06 GMT from Dan Warren
:
Stan Brown wrote in
t:

The county health department says every 2 to 4 years, which seems
like an awfully long time to me. I know when I rented a house my
landlord had the tank pumped every year.

I'm one person, and the tank is 500 gallons. Any guidelines?

I had the tank pumped out back in 85 then didn't have it done again till 2
years ago. I lived alone for about 15 years. The guy who pumped said it
was in good condition. So I wouldn't worry about gettting it pumped out so
soon. Living alone, every 5-10 years should be adequate.

The previous owner lived here seven years, and in an email he said he
never pumped it until right before settlement.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/