Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Toller Toller is offline

Default Brought the wrong stone

I am just wondering how others would deal with this matter. I am sure
that if I refuse to pay, this will end up in court and I really do not
need that hassle. Of course they are a large company and these
companies always win in court anyhow. Plus there is no way I can prove
that I left phone messages for them to call me.

I would send them a letter stating that they delivered the wrong material,
and while it has no particular value to you, you will not require them to
remove it.
Then I would just forget about it.
They probably won't do anything over a $140 bill. They would have to send
in the person who took the order and the person who delivered it, and
probably pay a lawyer to handle it. They would have to be crazy to go
through all of that, especially when they are wrong.
In the unlikely instance they do, it is your word against theirs. If you
remain calm the Judge will probably believe you. Personally, I enjoy small
claims court.