Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default Brought the wrong stone

What you really needed was AB3 for a base. And lots of it.

wrote in message
I ordered a truckload of stone (gravel) for my rural driveway. I
phoned in the order and told them I wanted 2 inch stone without the
fines (fines means the sand and small pieces of stone). I was told
that they are currently out of the 2 inch, but they could bring either
3 inch, or common gravel which means a pile of crushed rock of any
size being an inch or smaller. I told them that this is for a hill,
and that "gravel" would be worthless in the next rain storm and told
them to bring the 3 inch without fines.

Alvin