Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default JDS Dust Force or Harbor Freight dust collector?

On Oct 23, 10:46 pm, HerHusband wrote:
I'm looking into buying my first dust collector (small garage shop, one
tool at a time).

The 2HP Harbor Freight DC seems to get good reviews, but it only has a 30
micron bag, and I've read reports that it can be loud? It also doesn't
appear it can be rewired for 220V. Also, I don't have a lot of confidence
in Harbor Freight products.

I just ran across the JDS 1-1/2 HP Dust Force. It has a 1 micron bag, and
the reviews I have read seem to indicate it is fairly quiet.

The JDS is only about $100 more from Amazon, but by the time I pay shipping
on the HF and buy a better bag, there's not a huge price difference.

Opinions?

Thanks,

Anthony

I've been looking at that JDS Dust-Force. It looks excellent,
relatively small, easy to empty, and comes from a company with a good
reputation for quality. If there's that little difference in price,
I'd go for the JDS.