Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default 12" Disc Sander reccomendations

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:10:13 -0700, RichD
wrote:

Your indulgence please.
For folks with these machines:
I have been wanting a 12" disc sander for years and having just used
one a bit got
me on the hunt now.
I have almost all the makings for one. 12" disc, 1 HP 1725 RPM motor,
tilt table, etc.
Looking at catalog pics shows me various basic designs.
What I need to know to make or chose a kick ass model:
-What RPM is best?
-What should the table height be relative to the disc center?
-Any other subtle niceties?

Thanks & all the best,
RichD, Atlanta

My 9" disk is mounted to a 1725 RPM face mount oil burner (1/4 HP)
motor, tilt table above centre, adjustable guide fence, with the lower
half of the disk enclosed and vented to the dust collector.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada