Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab Bill Schwab is offline

Default Any Enco 8x36 mill owners?

Gang,

Another suggestion lead me to take a quick look at Grizzly as a price
check, and the machine below jumped out as unique. I think I know much
of what you will say, but please have a look at:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G9959

and rip it to shreds (or not) as you deem appropriate. The price and
weight are pretty attractive. The x-travel stinks, but that's not what
usually hurts me. The cross travel is excellent. I assume it is
suitable to Al at best???

Among the pluses of my mill-drill is spindle/table capability. I do not
even want to know how high it will go. Every so often, I crank it up a
bit, and it gets pretty ominous looking. The 8x36 I mentioned falls a
little short there, and I have not seen a riser block for it (haven't
looked very hard yet).

Bill