Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Foubd a huge cart on garbage today

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:40:04 -0500, "Greg O"
wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message

Being in a bit of a musing mood, how does one throw away a garbage can?

Wes

It ain't easy! I had a metal garbage can with the bottom rusted completely
out of it. Week 1, just tossed it on the curb, with the rest of the trash.
When I got home it was still there. Week 2, I spray painted "toss me" in big
letters on it, it was still there when I got home. Week 3, I took and
smashed it flat as I could by jumping on it, damned near broke a leg doing
it. When I got home it was gone!
Greg

It's a wonder that they saw the difference as that is pretty much how
they used to leave mine after they dumped it in the truck. The truck
hasn't stopped for my garbage for nearly a year now. The loader grabs
the bag on the way by and swings it into the hopper. I have a corner
lot, so the truck slows down to round the corner, and since there are
only two of us (plus puppy), and I do recycle a lot, we seldom fill a
125 litre trash bag more than half full.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada