Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another Stupid Question - Peeking Under Laminate Flooring

Maria wrote:

I've nver had anything to do with laminate flooring - I don't actually
like it but can't afford to replace it at the moment.
So, in the entrance hall, how can I peek underneath to see what's
there? It's possible that there are some Victorian Mosaic tiles as
there are in the porch, but I can't tell. How can I remove a piece of
floor to take a sneaky peek? ! It's just the glueless interlocking
type I believe with joiing strips between the two ajoining rooms.

The simplest way to peek is to jump on the floor. If it bounces
slightly its suspended timber, if its as hard as rock its concrete,
with or without tiles.

Lam might have been put down for fashion purposes, or it may have
been put down for a sensible reason.

NT