Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Big Knobs

visionset wrote:

The engineering of my front door has developed over the years. I have now
got a standard yale latch, standard mortice, good and tight draught excluder
strips on 3 sides and now a roller catch for convenience. This means that I
have no need for turning door knob but every need for simple big knobs.
Where can I get what looks like a door handle but is just a simple brass
knob? All I've seen are too small.
Present solution is a soldered up turny knob, but it is about to
disintegrate!

TIA,
Mike

Wood ones are easily DIYed to any size and profile. If yo dont have
a lathe, a drill will do it, with grinding action from a gently
wielded
angle grinder or very coarse sandpaper. Can make whatever you likek
then.

NT