Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default OT: Set pictures from Baja, MX (0/1)

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 21:55:30 GMT, Mekon wrote:

Our production closes tonight and maybe for good...
Just not enough interest here to support a theater, I guess... Only 60 people
for 2 shows last weekend and 7 lonely folks last night...
If we have a decent turnout tonight it might cover expenses..

That's a crying shame Mac, the death of a theatre must be hard to bear.

One of Brisbane's community theatres is having similar trouble right
now. The kids theatre section is paying for the rest. Kids on stage
always drag in the audience!
For us it is Agatha Christie or an Alan Ayckbourne that are the year's
cash cows.

Mekon

Well, there is a bit of hope.... We had almost 40 butts in the seats last night,
on closing night.. We're thinking that word of mouth and some hustling on ticket
sales spurred some interest.. beats the hell out of the 7 Friday night.. Ticket
sales that night didn't even cover the royalties..

They're having a meeting next weekend to decide if they'll go head with the
January production, and if so, how to lose less money...
The big question that I've been asking them is if there are enough gringos here
to be interested in attending/supporting live theater..

They had just enough sponsors and sold just enough ads in the program and
tickets to cover expenses for THIS play, but the couple that founded the group
are still several thousand dollars in the hole from startup costs last year..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing