Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Polyurethane question

Dick Adams wrote:
New bow window was installed and I am about to polyurethane it.
The wall around it has been taped. The exposed material is
most likely aluminum or fiberglass (I can call and find out
tomorrow). Must I tape that too?

Yes, unless...
1. You can apply the varnish without getting it on it.
2. You don't *care* if you get varnish on it
_____________

Or can I clean that
afterwards - if so, with what?

Yes, with paint remover. Will it damage the material? Not aluminum,
don't know about FG. The question is, could you apply it without
getting it on the varnish (not likely)?

BTW, the varnish is going to wick under the masking tape. Sorry...

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...