Posted to alt.home.repair
jim evans jim evans is offline

Default Garage Door Paint/Finish Problem

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 03:09:20 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

"jim evans" wrote in message

"jim evans" wrote in message
I've struggled with this problem for years. It is a segmented plywood
wood or laminated wood garage door that's raised vertically by a
torsion spring. The paint at the bottom of segments (particularly the
next to the bottom one) cracks. The cracks are roughly vertical.
I've repaired this 2-3 times in the past, but it keeps coming back.

Here are the best pictures I've been able to make to illustrate this
problem, but they don't make it clear.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8...agedoorrf8.jpg

Would an edge trim help at all:

http://www.tri-dee.com/Foamboard%20Edging.htm

Not that specifically, but you've given me an idea for how I might
seal the plywood to prevent water entering. Maybe I can cover the
upper edge with some kind of thin plastic.