Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Hitachi D-135 8 track player/recorder repair

CheetahHugger wrote:
Got is out of a dumpster, stretched belt as usual but after belt
replacement the motor still can't manage to play the tapes without skew,
there's no trouble moving flywheel and tape transport seems to be fine,
the problem is even with fresh repaired cartridges.
It's so easy to stop the spinning motor with my fingers that i wonder if
it's normal, however the motor spins freely without power.
Any suggestions on how i could fix this?
My first test would be applying external power to the motor.

Cheetah

check the surface of the capstan which contacts the tape....

-B