Posted to rec.woodworking
John Santos John Santos is offline

Default delta JT360 assembly problem - web site useless

Recently purchased a Delta JT360 jointer. When I finished assembling it
yesterday, I discovered I had 4 lock washers left over. I suspect they
belong on the motor mounting bolts, though I re-read the instructions
several times and don't see any mention. They aren't on the parts list.

(The parts list also only lists 36 5/16 flat washers, but 40 are
required and included. However - not speaking Spanish so I'm not 100%
sure - the Spanish parts list does list 40 of these washers! So I'm
suspecting the manual was not written by Ambrose Monk.)

Anyway, I went to the Delta web site to see if there was an updated
manual or notice or anything. I can't really tell, because the the
link for getting an online copy of the manuals, parts lists, etc.,
redirects you to another web site that seems to only know about DeWalt
tools. It claims not to recognize Delta model numbers, and has no
obvious links for manuals anyway. Registering doesn't help. There
is also no obvious link to report problems to a webmaster for either
site. It took a lot of searching to find an 800 number for support,
which isn't available outside 9-6 weekdays.

When I had a problem assembling my Jet contractor's saw (cracked
plastic cursor on the fence), they answered my call in seconds and
sent me a replacement that arrived in a couple of days.

--
John