Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Faux "news"

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 02:07:56 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Hawke" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"William Wixon" wrote in message
so, how is "frontline" on pbs generally regarded? i watched a program
about two nights ago on iran and it was absolutely facinating.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...wdown/(watched a program a
couple days ago on iran/iraq and that was facinating too) (and i saw a
program a couple months ago about enron that was incredible) i'd

imagine
people would say "frontline" has a left leaning bias.

There are people who would say that C-Span has a left-leaning bias. g

Frontline is a top-notch show. "Cheney's Law," a one-hour program that's
been running frequently over the past couple of weeks, was excellent.
Because Frontline focuses on big issues and big institutions, such as
government, its perceived "bias" depends a lot on who's in power. But it
often examines issues from the standpoint of someone doing something
wrong
to someone else, so it's at least anti-institutional, which probably is
perceived as anti-establishment.

They archive their shows online and you can watch them there, for free:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/

--
Ed Huntress

I wish Frontline would do a show on Bush's military service. As much as
Rather was pilloried for his inaccurate story about Bush's stint in the
Texas air national guard I can't help but think there is more to the story
than we know. It has the smell of something not right. In the end I
wouldn't
be surprised to find out some years after Bush is out of office that many,
if not all, the accusations about his special treatment, absenteeism,
family
nepotism, and the rest will be found to be true. Much the way that the
case
for the war in Iraq was a lie and is now well known. What's the saying?
The
truth will out. What do you bet that down the road Rather will be shown to
have been right about Bush's military service all along?

I really forget the details of the story, so I don't know. The important
thing to me is that anyone who got into the air national guard in those days
had either good connections or good luck. It was a favorite way for kids
with good family connections and 1A draft status to skate out of Vietnam.
Whether he served as he was supposed to or he was AWOL half the time almost
doesn't matter to me.

========
download and view
http://media.goleft.tv/medias/ROF_Greg_Palast_John.m4v
[c. 225 meg / 21 minutes]
Unka' George [George McDuffee]
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.