Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maria Maria is offline

Default Another Stupid Question - Peeking Under Laminate Flooring

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:58:24 +0000, Andy Hall

On 2007-10-28 15:44:13 +0000, Maria said:

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:58:09 +0000, Andy Hall

On 2007-10-28 14:22:40 +0000, Maria said:

I've nver had anything to do with laminate flooring - I don't actually
like it but can't afford to replace it at the moment.
So, in the entrance hall, how can I peek underneath to see what's
there? It's possible that there are some Victorian Mosaic tiles as
there are in the porch, but I can't tell. How can I remove a piece of
floor to take a sneaky peek? ! It's just the glueless interlocking
type I believe with joiing strips between the two ajoining rooms.

Just rip it all up. Whatever is there will look better.

I agree, but have some reservations as the house (a terrace on a hill)
has obviously subsided at some point and there is a large gap between
the floor and skirting at one end of the rooms, so I have left the
laminate in the living and dining rooms for now. I'm not sure how you
address an uneven gap like this...relocating the skirting to hide the
gap at one end will lead to an obvious problem. Aside from ripping up
the floorboards and relaying the floor so that it is higher at one
end, I can't see how else to do it.

Move the skirting?

Surely the skirting will then be sloping like the floor is!