Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Uncleaned dishes in Frigidaire dishwasher

Hi Gary-
As I am unfamiliar with your model and the more recent
technologies, I hope I am not misleading you.
The solenoid valve is the "water" valve.
Here's what I think is happening. The water flows into
the tub and the pump then picks it up and sprays it around.
If there is insufficient water getting into the washer, the pump
won't pick up enough (or any.) NOW the pump could be
bad as well. (Didn't mentiion this because you seemed to
think the tub inflow was inadequate.) Under this condition
the dishes won't get clean because the pump doesn't
spray with adequate force. This is quite common.
Sorry, can't describe the way the water routes because
I don't know the model, but at some time all the spray
arms get water.
Hope this helps some. You may need a professional to
further diagnose your problem. But it's either the pump or
the solenoid valve or a clog in a line somewhere.
Frank

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:47:51 -0700, gary
wrote:

Hi Frank,

When you say "new solenoid valve", do you really mean "new water
valve"?

Also, can you describe the route the water travels through my
dishwasher:

1. Does the incoming water first mix with the detergent, then flows
through the self-cleaning filter and gets pumped up into the lower
spray arm?

2. Does some of the water get pumped up through the funnel and into
the middle spray arm?

3. Does any water get pumped though the nozzle at the top of the tub
and out of the upper spray?

Thanks,

Gary