Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
CC[_2_] CC[_2_] is offline

Default Tek LCD screen failure

Jim Yanik wrote:
CC wrote in
:

ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
Either way, a quote of $1300 to repair it is ludicrous.

Yes.
As a TEK scope nears the end of it's Long Term Product Support(LTPS)
period,Tek raises its prices on parts and service to "encourage" owners to
buy new equipment.You should check TEKs website to find the cutoff date for
your model,ASAP.

Well, the only difference it would make is that I would have to decide
now whether I ever want to fix the display.

They have perhaps encouraged me to buy new equipment--from Agilent or
another maker.

Here's the TDS killer;
AFTER the LTPS period is up,parts will NOT be available for your scope
model,unless they share the same part number as a currently supported
scope.Only CAL service will be available after the LTPS expires.
NO exchange modules,they all go to TEKs salvage store as scrap.

I wonder if Agilent and Instek do similar things?

Good day!

--
Christopher R. Carlen

SuSE 9.1 Linux 2.6.5