Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default 300 W computer power supply

I have this power supply we stripped out of a pc we're junking. It
has a 12V 10A section. I would like to use it as a 12V bench supply
for testing and running equipment. I have no plans for the other
supplies. Can I run it and the other supplies unloaded? And can I just
use the 12V supply without using the others? The unit presently won't
come on but there is a green wire in the bundle with the mother board
connector that I suspect needs some kind of proper bias on it but I'm
not sure. Does anyone have any information on this? Thanks, Lenny
Stein, Barlen Electronics.