Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2057 Ignoramus2057 is offline

Default Bridgeport mill FIXED!!!

On 2007-10-27, Rob Fraser FraserRacing wrote:

"Rob Fraser" FraserRacing"AT"RobFraser.Net wrote in message
Boner of the year award goes to.......... ME!!!

The Quill lock on my machine was missing the "quill lock handle" I
thought it was a blind pin as I saw no hole on the part I assumed was a
pin. I accidentally found a picture of the part while looking on E-Bay for
a fine feed wheel.
When I got the mill I found the quill lock pin inside of one of the T
slots on the table. Not knowing what it was for- but assured myself it was
important so I put it aside. I then saw the part on EBay minutes ago and
it made sense. Boy, do I feel stupid. Now it works with more ease than my
buddy's mill (Which is also missing the quill loch handle) Mine just
happened to be on full tension sans the handle and the hole was out of
sight and now I'm set!!
Thanks to all of you who offered your helpful replies and assistance.
I'm still going to replace the timing and drive belt as well as the draw
bar since there is that run-out I'm not comfy with. Little things bite me
in the ass every time.

Respects,

Rob

I replaced the draw-bar today. Thing was as crooked as President
Bush.

Did this drawbar try to attack you spontaneously Without provocation?

Now the top seated runout is less than .005 bottom at the collett is
nil.

Congrats!