IanJH

Default Router recommendation

"PoP" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a decent router to use for kitchen worktops, and
would appreciate suggestions.

Looking at the Trend T9 as a possible option. Before I make a
commitment are there any others that I should seriously consider?

PoP

A lot is said for the Freud router... which incidentally is the same as the
Draper 1/2 in one..

I use a Makita 3612C and a Dewalt 625... Makita seems more powerful.. the
Dewalt easier to set up...

Best bet is to decide on your price limit... T9 is roughly far too much
for what is actually a black Metabo router.... the Metabo is a better buy
IMHO but you pays your money...

I would do this...

up to £200 Freud or Draper.. only 20 sovs between them at our local shop
£200 - £300 Metabo OFE1812 £250 from Rutland's
£300+ you've got too much money..lol or Porter Cable 19.2v cordless
router... (which is 299.95..lol ah well )

HTH IanJH