Owain

Default Another toolkit question

"Frisket" wrote
| The only other question which is perplexing me is whether to buy 240V or
| 110V devices.
| 110v kit and tranny will cover you for both domestic and industrial /
| commercial otherwise you'll be laying out for the gear twice. Also, you'll
| not be able to work on sites with 240v equipment. Whichever you go for
| don't forget it will need to be PAT tested before you'll be allowed to use
| it anywhere other than private dwellings (bloody health and safety raises
| its ugly head again!)

All equipment will have to be inspected and PAT'd as H&S applies to to all
Work, even if the Workplace is in someone's house.

PAT machines aren't expensive and it's a useful extra service to be able to
offer especially if there is a lot of private rented housing, do the PAT and
work your way in for some wiring jobs and vice versa.

Owain