Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Uncleaned dishes in Frigidaire dishwasher

I'd guess you need a new solenoid valve (the electric valve that lets
the water in) or there is a clog there somewhere. In some washers,
the valve stays open for a set period of time so there's no way
for the washer to know if there is enough water in there. Others
have a sensor that detects the water so the valve doesn't shut
off until the level is adequate. You may have the former type.

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:05:17 -0700, gary
wrote:

When my Frigidaire dishwasher (Model FDB636) has gone through all of
the cycles and shuts off, the dishes are not clean and the detergent
is only damp.

I've turned the control knob through each of the cycles. The motor
runs through the various cycles but, in the "fill" cycles, I can
barely hear water entering the tub. (During the "drain" cycles, any
water in the tub is being pumped out).

During the "fill" cycles, when I open the door, I notice water just
trickling into the tub through an opening on the left wall of the tub
(above the Overfill Protector).

Shouldn't that flow be stronger so the water would dissolve the
detergent and get pumped throught the spray arms onto the dishes?

P.S.: The owner's manual shows a "nozzle and upper spray" on the top
of the tub. Should water be pumping through that nozzle, too?