Posted to alt.home.repair
Proch Proch is offline

Default Woodpecker making holes in my trim

I hear ya, but how would he know that there are bugs under the wood? I
still can't find any evidence of bugs, nor can I find evidence that he's
getting bugs...

When the wife keeps the feeder full, the little ******* leaves us alone. I
can see him out there right this second, he's cleaning that thing out in no
time.

I have to go to home depot today to get something to fill the holes. Any
suggestions?

"Pete D" wrote in message

"Proch" wrote in message
. ..
A lot of historical posts suggest that the woodpecker knows that there
are insects beneath the wood, yet my inspection of the carnage suggests
none.

Look closer, cuz those posts were right. The woodpecker isn't doing it
because he likes you or your house...he's doing it for food.

Inspect the bottom of all of your fascia boards for perfectly round holes,
the sign of carpenter bees...that's where my money's at. When you find the
holes, spray any good insecticide in there...your bees and your peckers'll
be gone in no time.

Pete D