Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Matt[_4_] Matt[_4_] is offline

Default TV set won't stay on one channel

none wrote:
Matt wrote:
Hi Folks,

My TV works fine except that it won't stay on the channel it's set to.
It keeps cycling through the channels as if the channel-up button is
being pressed. The problem is not in the remote, since it happens
when the batteries are removed from the remote and the remote is put
in a different room.

The model is Panasonic CT-20G21, a 21" box from 1996.

I have little test equipment beyond a multimeter. I am able to
solder, and I have some understanding of electronics, but no
experience working on TVs.

Please advise.

Just a wild guess: Check the channel-up and channel-down buttons on your
TV. They should "click" when pressed. If the button is stuck down, or
the switch below the button is damaged, you probably won't feel that
"click", or it might have a "mushy" feel.

The buttons are okay. I suspect an electronic defect in the tuner.