Posted to rec.woodworking
Gerald Ross Gerald Ross is offline

Default Woodshop Accidents

k wrote:
I teach wood shop and the students don't seem to take accidents
seriously. Does anyone have a list of different short stories that I
could share with them, to help them realise that accidents do and can
happen if they are not careful. Or if something has happened to you
please let me know. Thanks

In my high school shop the planer was a big ol' waist high 24 inch
model sitting next to a pair of double doors so they could be opened
to handle long boards. We were always told not to stand at the end of
a board being fed into the planer or table saw.
One day a short board kicked back from the planer while the door was
closed. The board went through the door (a paneled door) out into the
yard. I can still see that student's white face. We never had to be
told about standing in the throw line again.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

There's more than one way to skin a