Posted to alt.home.repair
Warren Block Warren Block is offline

Default Woodpecker making holes in my trim

Pete D wrote:

"Proch" wrote in message
. ..
A lot of historical posts suggest that the woodpecker knows that there are
insects beneath the wood, yet my inspection of the carnage suggests none.

Look closer, cuz those posts were right. The woodpecker isn't doing it
because he likes you or your house...he's doing it for food.

Or he's doing it for the sound that announces his territory. Or for
storing food--we had one that liked to jam berries in many small holes
in siding. Or working on a nesting hole.

http://www.audubonportland.org/livin...es/Woodpeckers
http://www.bird-house-bath.com/wp/archives/11