Posted to alt.home.repair
mstrspy mstrspy is offline

Default Weil Mclean Boiler and Becket Burner problems

Oil wasn't a mistake, it was what I have always had. The town won't
put a natural gas line. I don't know about Propane; seems like it
could be a hassle if it becomes unavailable.
As far as the oil prices, I can afford them. I'm more concerned about
the misfiring oil burner etc. Maybe I got a bad batch of oil?
Also, although the burner seems to have problems, I don't see any
soot forming anywhere. This system runs extremely clean. Anyway, the
tech is going to come back and take alook at it.

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:53:44 -0500, (The
Freon Cowboy) wrote:

"I had my boiler replaced last year with a Weil Mclean Gold series oil
fired boiler"

oil? that was your first mistake , i hear its going to go over 4 dollars a
gallon this winter , especially in new england ,
propane , must cleaner and easier to service ,

sounds like your "servicing" technician , got something wrong
i could tell you what to look for , but since you have to ask what is wrong
you probably shouldnt be dicking with it , huge fire danger or soot problem ,

you could potentially makes things much worse

id look for another competent oil tech ,