Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke Hawke is offline

Default Lead (Pb) price continues to skyrocket

You didn't really answer my questions. Probably my fault for my

rambling,
random style in my post--I apologize, I was very drowsy then.
I'll try to state my questions as clearly as possible.

[snip]
The questions I'm asking don't require pages and pages of complicated
answers,

Actually, they do.

just a few sentences will suffice.

Actually, they won't. The subject is much more complex than you appear to
realize.

Therefore, the answer "go read
a book" will be taken as an admission that you don't know the answers.

It is not my job, or anyone else's, for that matter, to remedy the
deficiencies in your education -- and your unwillingness to make the

necessary
effort (i.e. "go read a book") will be taken as an admission that you

would
prefer to remain argumentative and ignorant.

Also, I would like to know if you hold the belief that reducing taxes
results in stimulation of the US economy which ends up bringing more

income
into the government by increased tax revenue.

If by "reducing taxes" you mean reducing tax *rates* -- yes, I do hold

that
belief, and it's a mystery to me why anyone does not, as the historical

record
shows quite clearly that that is exactly what happens.

No, that's not true, so your concept of the "historical record" is clearly
wrong. All you have to do is look at Clinton's tax INCREASE followed by
years of tremendous economic growth to see that simply lowering taxes does
nothing for the economy. Then look at the years when the marginal tax rates
were far higher than they are now and the economic level was also much
higher. Why was the economy so strong with extremely high tax rates in the
Truman and Eisenhower administrations? Thinking all you have to do is lower
tax rates to make the economy grow is, first off, factually wrong and
secondly it's way too simplistic. You have bought the bull**** story from
the business community and the wealthy class who are the two groups who
benefit the most from lower taxes. Economic output is dependent on many
factors and marginal tax rates are rarely the one that makes a significant
difference. Many other factors are far more important to promoting economic
activity. However, at all times business and the wealthy want to pay less in
taxes and since they traditionally pay a large chunk of the taxes collected
overall they are the groups most interested in lower rates. Which explains
why they are continually putting out propaganda that lowering their taxes
will be good for all. Well, it's not. So why is it that people like you are
so susceptible to their bull****? What's good for the rich is rarely, if
ever, good for the rest of us folks, and that is a fact.

Hawke