Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Doing International Business - Differences in Standards, etc.

Colors of wire for the same function.
Voltage on the plug
Pinout on the plug
10 key to turn it off to a scram button mandatory.
Warning is yellow green not red
transformers at 60 not 50 Hz
fusing one side, both sides(both hot).

Safety spec governing agency.

On and on.

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
While working to sell our machines worldwide, we run across the typical
differences in the way things are done or described. For instance:

Language differences - but that is obvious.

The common practice in some cultures of making every last sale a negotiation
for a lower price. In other words, you quote a price, they ask what can be
done to lower it or they offer a lower price and this goes on until the deal
is sealed with a purchase order... Then it sometimes continues behind the
scenes until the shipping of the units actually takes place...

Metric VS inch measurements is a very common difference. Translation is
easy once you do it for a while...

1,500" VS 1.500" - comma used rather than period to separate digits in a
decimal accurate number, etc.

Minor and seems to be disappearing - Telephone numbers as 908.542.0244
rather than 908-542-0244 or (908) 542-0244, etc...

What other major or minor differences do you run across?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244