Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Silicone sealant

John Rumm wrote:
diy-newby wrote:

One job I hate doing is applying silicone sealant. I ALWAYS end up covered
in the stuff.

My general method for applying is:-

Apply the silicone and smooth off with a wet finger. I usually apply too
much and end up gathering a finger full whilst smoothing.

Anyone have any tips for applying silicone? Reason I ask is, work have just
had a new kitchen and toilets fitted and the silicone on there looks
perfect. Nice straight lines, over over smear and even the corners look to
be at right angles!!! How on earth have they done that?

Have a look here, with particular attention on the application section
and links:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...licone_Sealant

Only thing I can add is lots of nearly neat washing up liquid makes
all the difference. With a layer of that on a finger one can sculpt
it
to heart's content.

NT