Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Woodshop Accidents

"k" wrote in message
ups.com...
I teach wood shop and the students don't seem to take accidents
seriously. Does anyone have a list of different short stories that I
could share with them, to help them realise that accidents do and can
happen if they are not careful. Or if something has happened to you
please let me know. Thanks

My shop teacher had a picture of someone who *used to have* a lot of long
hair (this was in the 70's) sitting between the drill press and the lathes.
Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. That picture alone still
serves for me as a good reminder for me of what can go wrong when using
spinning tools improperly. I can think of nothing you can teach your
students that will be more valuable to them in woodworking than safety.

-Bill