Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Lead (Pb) price continues to skyrocket

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
t...
In article , "Adam Corolla"
wrote:

snip

Also, I would like to know if you hold the belief that reducing taxes
results in stimulation of the US economy which ends up bringing more
income
into the government by increased tax revenue.

If by "reducing taxes" you mean reducing tax *rates* -- yes, I do hold
that
belief, and it's a mystery to me why anyone does not, as the historical
record
shows quite clearly that that is exactly what happens.

Pffhhht. d8-)

Wikipedia actually handles this subject very well. I've watched their entry
for "supply side economics" evolve there over the years, probably because
there are so many partisans on both sides of this issue that they've beaten
each other to a pulp until the phony claims have been squeezed out of it.
It's more respectful of opposing opinions than the median position of
professional economists, the majority of whom treat it more like an
ideology-driven hoax.

You may want to take a look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply-side_economics

--