Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Again -- Tried running the quincy compressor

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:03:33 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus7291 quickly quoth:

On 2007-10-26, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:

I understand that it uses hydraulic unloaders. Perhaps they have grime
or jelled oil around them and simply need to be cleaned. I've never
even seen the style, but that's the direction I'd look, FWIW.

The point is, unloaders do work. But the compressor does not have
enough time to accelerate with my phase converter, until they rightly
kick in. It accelerates, but not fully, and then they kick in in 2
seconds and it stops.

Then you've already determined that it's a motor/timing problem.
Is there any adjustment possible on the unloader timing? Orifice
change or something? Have you talked directly to the guys at Quincy
about it?

--
Jewish Zen:
Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated, already?