Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag Snag is offline

Default freeze proofing

Pete C. wrote:
nick hull wrote:

In article ,
"Snag" wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
RoyJ wrote:

Not a chance of draining the water softener, the resin bed retains
water like a sponge. I would not put the RV antifreeze in ANY
line or container that is going to be used for human consumption

Have you ever used RV antifreeze? It is non toxic and specifically
intended for use on the potable water system.

I was gonna say ... my camper in the Ozarks is getting winterized
in a couple of weeks with the stuff . Been doing it that way for
years and I ain't dead yet .

I winterized my sailboat with a quart of vodka. Never felt the need
to flush it out

Might be cheaper than RV antifreeze too...

Not really , a 750 of Smirnoff red is like 14 bucks , I can get three
gallons of RV antifreeze for that much .
The vodka sounds like a lot more fun though .
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'90 Ultra , "Strider"